Conflict is inevitable, in your personal life and the workplace. Managing conflict constructively is an essential communication skill. Issues that are resolved can lead to improved results, shared understanding, new ideas, and improved relationships.
This practical workshop will provide you with productive strategies for resolving positive outcomes with all your stakeholders (internal or external), as well as personal relationships.
Key content can include:
- Factors and causes contributing to conflict
- Conflict resolution models and strategies
- Conflict management styles
- Managing emotions of self and others
- Assertiveness, listening and effective communication skills
- Negotiation, positive influencing and collaborating with others
We don’t get harmony when everybody sings the same note. Only notes that are different can harmonize. The same is true with people.
― Steve Goodier
Conflict can, and should be handled constructively; when it is, relationships benefit. Conflict avoidance is not the hallmark of a good relationship. On the contrary, it is a symptom of serious problems and of poor communication.
― Harriet B. Braiker