The first step in improved interactions with others, is understanding your own style. With this knowledge of yours and other’s preferences, you can then communicate and work more effectively together.
These workshops are often part of another workshop – communication, conflict resolution, leadership, customer service, team development, EI or part of a conference, professional development or strategy session.
Alternatively, depending on your needs, this can be a separate workshop to provide awareness of your own and other individual’s styles.
The key to improved working relationships is for everyone to have a common language of what it means to deal with others collaboratively, to achieve results and mutual outcomes
A generic tool can be used, or any of the tools listed below, that Wendy is accredited in to administer, facilitate and coach. An individual debrief session is recommended.
- Realise 2 Strengths tool and Team Strengths tool
- Team Management Systems (TMS)
- Myers Brigg Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI)
- Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT)
- Genos Emotional Intelligence Tool
Key content can include:
- Self reflection of your own styles – strengths and areas for development
- Understanding and application of your own and other’s styles
- Building rapport and communicate more effectively
- Adjusting behaviour appropriately for improved relationships and shared understanding
- Valuing and appreciating differences, to get the best out of individuals and teams
- Dealing constructively with different styles
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.
Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible – the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family.