To achieve performance and results, leader’s need to engage, develop and empower their team members.
A key part of a team leader’s role is to give regular, honest, balanced and fair feedback as part of two way conversations. This builds collaborative relationships, clarifies mutual expectations, and encourages improved ways to work together.
This workshop gives anyone managing people, the essential skills for having positive and constructive conversations on an ongoing basis.
You will build your skills of coaching others towards common goals, using collaborative communication and problem solving techniques.
This involves both formal coaching and regular on the job performance management and positive influencing.
Key content can include:
- Benefits of managing performance to the individual, leader, team and team
- Regular performance conversations (informal and formal discussions)
- Communication skills: listening, giving/receiving feedback, both positive and constructive
- Influencing others for achieving outcomes using latest research on leadership, emotional intelligence and brain science
- Leadership and teamwork
- Coaching models, skills and practical application
- Setting, aligning and reviewing goals
- Collaborative problem solving model for having challenging conversations, engaging and motivating team members
- Delegation, allocation of work, and follow up
Coaching is unlocking a person’s potential to maximize their own performance. It is helping them to learn rather than teaching them.
Example is not the main thing in influencing others. It is the only thing.