Building your leadership skills is about developing and discovering yourself, before you lead others.
Strong leadership skills determine the success of organisations, encompassing not only technical skills, but more importantly, people skills.
Recent research shows a direct correlation between a leader’s people skills and emotional intelligence levels, to employee engagement levels, increased customer service, and ultimate impact on the organisation’s results and profits.
Leadership skills are key to engaging your team, getting the best from them, enhancing their satisfaction and workplace results.
In addition to your own experience and skills, there are critical competencies required for leadership, which can be learned.
Workshop outcomes will enhance participant’s leadership competencies whether you are an emerging or experienced leader at any level in the organisation.
Key content can include:
- Characteristics of an effective leader
- Leadership and management – similarities and differences
- Communication and coaching skills
- Positive influencing
- Delegation and empowerment
- Performance management and ongoing feedback
- Collaborative problem solving and conflict resolution
- Motivating and engaging your team
- Aligning individual, team and organisational goals and strategy
- Leadership styles, and how to effectively use different styles
- Overview of neuroscience, neuroleadership and emotional intelligence, using the brain based leadership approach
Leadership is not a position or title, it is action and example. Make sure that team members know they are working with you, not for you.John Woodner
You manage things; you lead people.Grace Murray Hopper
Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success (doing things right). Leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall (doing the right things)Stephen Covey